Hi there! Thanks for reading this blog, and for your interest in finding out more about me. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.
My name is Michelle. I was born and raised in sunny Singapore, which is a tiny island-nation in Southeast Asia. Travelling has been a lifelong goal of mine, and I’ve lived in Thailand, Ecuador and the UK.
I started this blog to document my adventures before they fade from my (lousy) memory, and hopefully be of some use (or at least amusement) to others who are planning trips.
My focus is on adventure travel (I love diving and horseback riding) and culture. Learning about the history and culture of another country is one of my favourite parts of travelling – and it’s been incredibly enriching. I’m particularly interested in all things Spanish and Latin American, and Ecuador will always have a special place in my heart.
Equally important to me as where I travel is how I travel. I believe in striving for a sustainable and responsible lifestyle, and that extends to travelling as well. It takes effort, but it’s worth it.
When I’m at home saving up/planning for my next trip, I like to bake. That’s why you see a category for it here. I’m not much good at it though!
Elsewhere on the internet, I’ve been featured in:
- Life with Larissa: Feature Friday
- Where Next – Slow Travel vs. Fast Travel
- Tara Lets Anywhere – Off the Beaten Path: Intag, Ecuador – Where Paradise Hasn’t Been Paved Yet
- Lyf & Spice – A Hands-On Thai Cooking Experience
- Spend Life Travelling – 15 of the Best Beaches in the World – Selected By Travel Bloggers
- Explore With EcoKats – How to Spend the New Year’s Eve Sustainably
- Can Travel Will Travel – Travel Bloggers’ Favourite Ecotourism Experiences
- Travel Notes & Beyond – Interview with Michelle from MichWanderlust
- GoEuro – Top Expert Travel Tips for Planning Your Eurotrip
Thanks for reading!
[Updated Sept 2017]